|This site puts forward the following questions for debate.
- What is the criterion for a good building?
- How can a theory of architecture adequately deal with all buildings on
earth, not just a selected few.
- How can we give students a model which provides a clear description of a
viable form of professional practice, which deals with both issues of scale, and
with issues of qualtiy.
- How can we construct a viable vocabulary and language in which we can speak to students about their designs, in ways that help make
the designs better.
- How can a theory of architecture clearly address how people, not just professionals, are to be involved in the
process of the built environment.
- How can a theory of architecture deal with issues of ecology in a sensible way.
- How can we define the relation between design and construction
process, and craft, and is it clear how the young architect is to have a
deep and familiar understanding of actual materials, structure,
construction, in a way that gives deep enough understanding.